Monday, August 29, 2005

Travelogue - Rome

Some stories have to be told. Rome – the ancient city, the citadel of civilization, the modern world’s window to the old world evoked in me myriad ( end to end : in management lingo) emotions that convinced me that civilization has lost it some where.

That I was to visit Rome was a foregone conclusion after I had read “angels and demons” by Ban Grey (Just checking if you are not sleeping!). I had made the trip to Paris as my life’s goal after I had read “Da Vinci’s Code” last year – But that is another blog.

Here are few random snippets from the epic that was my Rome trip:

Place: Vatican City Day 1:
I took a photograph that would have change the world and won me a Pulitzer. The object in question was a “White” lady stylishly dressed in a white gown, looking serenely towards the vast city of Rome from the topmost floor of the Sistine chapel. She was wearing a saffron/yellow shawl with “Jai shri ram” written in devanagiri all over it. I was spell bound at the sight. I then captured the lady, the shawl with st peters square in background in digital for eternity.

To be continued….

1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vinay.....so where's the pic. Would love to see it.

-Vasu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home